Boca Chica, Texas
- Cameron County, Texas has a road closure scheduled for the 150m hop test on August 30th. The backup date for the 150m hop is August 31st and September 1st.
- FAA issued a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) for the Boca Chica area starting on August the 9th and running to September 2nd “To provide a safe environment for space ops pursuant to 14 CFR Section 91”.
- SN5 – Moved out of the mid-bay to make room for SN8 stacking.
- SN6 – On Test Stand A – Undergoing 150m hop test.
- SN7.1 – Test tank stacking continues.
- SN8 – Stacked
- SN9 – Under construction
- Low Bay – A stacked nosecone assembly
- Mid Bay – SN8 Stacking
- High Bay – Under construction – The last level has been installed.
- Test Stand A – SN6 – 150m hop test in progress. Scheduled between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm.
- Test Stand B – Preparing for SN7.1 destructive pressure test.
- Orbital Launch Mount – Under construction – Two columns have been sleaved. Two rebar cages installed awaiting metal sleaves.
- Old Gas Well – On-site methane (CH4) propellant production? New concrete slab poured.
Cape Canaveral, Florida
Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A), Kennedy Space Center
Starlink 11 – Falcon 9 – B1060.2
- The next launch opportunity is Tuesday, September 1 at 9:29 a.m. EDT (13:29 UTC), pending range approval.
- Scrubbed due to weather – Sunday, August 30, 2020, 10:08 am EDT (14:08 UTC)
Space Launch Complex 40 (SLC-40), Cape Canaveral Air Force Station
SAOCOM 1B – Falcon 9 – B1059.4
- Sunday, August 30, 2020, 23:19 GMT (7:19 pm EDT). This launch is for CONAE, the Argentine space agency. This is the first polar orbit launch from Cape Canaveral since 1960 when a cow was killed in Cuba by falling debris. Falcon 9 landed at Landing Zone 1.
News and Commentary
SpaceX – SAOCOM 1B | Launch and Landing
Alex Rex – SpaceX Starship Facility Update / August 28th, 2020 / #BocaChica #Starship #Spacex
On the Web
- NASASpaceflight.Com – Starship SN6 Prepares for Hop – Super Heavy is Coming
- Spaceflight Now – Weather scuttles Starlink flight; SpaceX still targets evening launch with SAOCOM